- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Beat together the applesauce and sugar.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and eggs.
- Alternate the sour cream and flour, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the cocoa powder until well combined.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or double boiler.
- Add the milk, yogurt and cocoa powder.
- Stir until the frosting is smooth.
- Pour the frosting over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate until serving.
recipe adapted from:laloosh.com image from:glutenfreeonashoestring.com