This Sausage Tortellini Skillet is a super popular recipe on my blog and when you make it you’ll see why! Full of flavor and just 299 calories or 9 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving.
Get the recipe here:
yield: YIELDS 10 (1 CUP) SERVINGS
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey or poultry sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 8 oz chopped zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded (I did mine on the smallest holed side of a box grater)
- 20 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- Place the sausage in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat and cook for a few minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon until it starts to brown a bit. Once the meat starts to break apart, add the onion, mushroom, zucchini and garlic and stir together. Continue to cook for about 8 more minutes while breaking up meat and stirring regularly until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are softened.
- Add the tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, Parmesan and tortellini and stir until well combined. Cover the pan with a lid and bring heat up until you can see the sauce bubble. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes until tortellini is cooked.
- Turn off the burner, remove the lid and sprinkle the Mozzarella over the top of the skillet. Place the lid back on the pan and leave it on the warm burner for about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove the lid and serve.
9 per (1 generous cup)
8 per (1 generous cup)
299 calories, 35 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 8 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 22 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from : emilybites